The Secret Room
Welcome to the Secret Room! This room is chock-full of bonus content available exclusively to members of my Newsletter List. It’s my way of thanking you for your enthusiasm for my books. Here you’ll find freebies such as bookmarks, autographed bookplates, maps, patterns and recipes, in addition to fun games and puzzles based on my books. This is also where you’ll enter most of my contests. (By being a member of my Newsletter List, you’re automatically entered for my monthly book giveaway, so be sure to read each of my newsletters all the way to the end so you can claim your free book if you win.)
Enjoy exploring the Secret Room, Bibliophile!
To thank my mystery fans for your enthusiasm for my books, every month I’ll choose a random member of my mailing list to receive an autographed Kate Carlisle book of his or her choice. But the trick is, you have to open my emails to see if you won so you can claim the prize before the deadline. I’ll also hold additional contests from time to time with fun prizes, such as:
- Books (of course!)—by me, and by other mystery authors I love
- Goodies inspired by the books, like bibliophile wedding favors from Brooklyn & Derek’s wedding
- Fixer-Upper Mystery pink measuring tapes
- More fun stuff thought up just for you!
Sneak Peeks, Puzzles, Games, and more!
The Bibliophile Mysteries
The Fixer-Upper Mysteries
Can you find 10 hidden hammers on each Fixer-Upper Mystery cover (not including the hammer that is already on the official book cover)?
More Fun & Games
Match the Book to the Bibliophile
I took a picture of many of the books that Brooklyn has worked on in the Bibliophile Mystery series, and your task is to figure out which rare book was featured in which Bibliophile Mystery.
Solve it now!
The Grim Reader Crossword Puzzle
Every answer in this puzzle can be found in the description of The Grim Reader on this page. (Please note: the description on bookseller websites is a tiny bit different; one of the words on my website doesn’t appear on bookseller descriptions. A fact we didn’t realize until after the crossword was created. If you’re curious, have a look at the description at the link above and then the one at your favorite bookseller website to see if you can find the difference.) You can print the PDF, or if you’d like to complete the puzzle online, click here. Time yourself to see how fast you can complete it, then check your answers here.
Books of a Feather Scavenger Hunt
While you’re reading Books of a Feather, see if you can find all of the sneaky bird references Kate worked into the story.
Download the answers here
If you’d like to receive an autographed bookplate, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the address below. Include a note stating whether you’d like a Bibliophile Mystery bookplate, a Fixer-Upper Mystery bookplate, or one of each.
Kate Carlisle – Bookplate
PO Box 594
Georgetown, TX 78627
Bibliophile/Fixer-Upper Mysteries Bookmark
If you’d like a free bookmark featuring the Bibliophile Mysteries on one side and the Fixer-Upper Mysteries on the other, send a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope* to:
Kate Carlisle – Bookmark
PO Box 594
Georgetown, TX 78627
*Note: If the envelope you send is smaller than business-sized, we’ll have to fold the bookmark in order to mail it to you.
Ornament Gift Box Pattern
This Ornament Gift Box is a perfect paper project for beginners and can be sized according to your needs. It looks lovely on a Christmas tree or leaning up against other presents. It works best with sturdy card stock, though high-quality wrapping paper can also work.
This Bibliophile Table Runner was inspired by both the Bibliophile Mysteries and by the Fixer-Upper Mysteries, because of Marigold’s quilt shop in Lighthouse Cove, California. It’s a quick and easy pattern that’s great for beginning quilters and for those more experienced. If you make it, I’d love for you to send a picture to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Download a PDF
Don’t be nervous! I might not be much of a cook, but these recipes are so foolproof, even I can make them!
• October 24: Get Wrapped Up in Intrigue! The Twelve Books of Christmas Is Here
• October 4: Unleash Your Wanderlust with a Scottish-Set Mystery
• September 14: Be a VIP Reader and Get Free Books from Kate Carlisle
• September 5: Unmask the Mystery! New Whodunits from Kate Carlisle
• August 2: Open for a Chance to Meet Kate Carlisle
• July 5: 4 Ideas to Celebrate Christmas in July
• June 21: Open for More Summer Reading Survey Results
• June 7: Open to See How Your Summer Reading Habits Compare
• May 11: A Note from Kate Carlisle
• April 19: Join Kate Carlisle’s Review Team
• April 6: Meet Kate Carlisle Live and In-Person!
• March 22: Let’s Get Goofy
• March 1: Calling All Fixer-Upper Mystery Fans
• February 8: Booklovers Love Love Giveaway
• January 25: Behind the Scenes with Kate Carlisle
• December 1: Open to Get a Signed Book
• November 16: Gifts from Kate Carlisle
• November 2: You’ll want to win this, Bibliophile!
• September 28: A Book Lover’s Gift from Kate Carlisle
• September 15: 1 *BIG* Reveal & 2 Giveaways from Kate Carlisle
• August 4: Open for good news, book lover!
• July 26: The Paper Caper is available now!
• July 13: Fun Giveaway from Kate Carlisle
• June 29: Join Kate’s Review Team!
• June 26: A Note (and Giveaway) from Kate Carlisle
• June 7: New Book from Kate Carlisle
• May 26: Open for a Fun Surprise, Bibliophile!
• March 2: Book Giveaway
• February 17: Bibliophile Mystery Cover Reveal
• January 13: Fun goodies from Kate Carlisle